Izhmash Bakelite- AK-47- 30 Round- REBUILD KIT
- Original Military Surplus Russian Izhmash AK 47 7.62x39mm 30 Round Bakelite Magazines, deconstructed into magazine rebuild kits.
- Some still have the factory stamps on them.
- They are a mix of military surplus magazines and new looking ones. Some will show wear, scratches, and may have personal markings from the soldiers that these magazines were issued to. A great nostalgic item.
- All have been tested for functionality and all wear is merely cosmetic
- Please note the picture represents what you are getting and you will get a Izzy (Triangle) marked mag, but not necessarily the exact one in the picture.
- During the early 1960s, the Soviets introduced a new 30-round AK mag made from a glass-fiber reinforced plastic called AG4. This mag was molded in two halves that were then joined with an epoxy adhesive with steel front and rear lugs being molded into the mag’s body. The follower, keeper/takedown plate, and floorplate also remained steel. The respective arsenal’s mark being molded into the bottom right side of the mag while the mold number is on the bottom left side. Inspector marks were stamped onto the body of the mag with permanent ink. It is interesting to note that these mags never fully replaced the steel mags in Russian service. Reportedly, this was due in no small part to soldiers fears that, if they were injured, shards of a plastic mag would not show up in an x-ray.
- A large number of variations of the Russian AG4 plastic mag exist. Very early mags had a mold line that gave the impression of long top, and were brown in color. The color was quickly changed to a much more common reddish-orange and this was then followed by a mold re-design that moved the mold line higher up on the body. Mags will also be found with, and without, a noticeable ridge running down the back of the mag, and at least four types of floorplates are known to exist. Izhmash also had at least two sizes of its factory mark molded into the body.
A fully disassembled Russian Izzy Bakelite magazine rebuild kit, or magazine repair kit. All magazine rebuild kits are disassembled to its basic parts, in a non-functional state that cannot be used in a firearm. They can be used to replace broken parts in old magazines that are legally owned, or reassembled for use when/where legal to do so.
Magazine rebuild kits ship to all states except for California. It is up to the consumer to know their state's laws concerning high capacity magazines and all restrictions that have been put in place. Magged Supply LLC, its owners, officers, and employees are not liable should you purchase magazine rebuild kits and use them in a way not in accordance with your state's laws.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Absolutely love this magazine if feeds very well looks sweet and really completes the whole look will definitely buy from again!
I love these mags, they look untouched and perfectly preserved. They look and function beautifully in my slr-107r.